Tuesday 24 March 2009

Jay's Cafe

If you at any point in your time in university have wondered out of the Stafford Street back entrance, then it’s a good bet that you have caught sight of Jay’s café.
Jay’s café, which is run by Tony and his wife Chris, is possibly my favourite thing about Wolverhampton.
There have been times at when the course is getting to me and those six thousand words haven’t been writing themselves, times when the only option seems despair or plagiarism. It’s at times like these when you need to get yourself to Jay’s for a special.

I truly believe that a Jay’s special is the ambrosia (the famed ancient Greek food of the gods, not rice pudding) of our times, as soon as you mop up the last bit of egg yolk your back and ready for anything. You just can’t beat egg, bacon, sausage, beans and tomato with a side of toast and tea.

In these cash strapped times £3.50 is by no means the cheapest breakfast you can find out in Wolves’ but it will be the best, you go to Jay’s for the ambiance, the feeling of the place. It’s just genuinely a nice place to be, He really goes out of his way to make you feel at home.

There will always be a place for greasy spoon café’s, deep down every health conscious busybody knows how good they are. Sitting down to a full English at a sticky plastic table is one of life’s greatest pleasures. You can moan about how unhealthy they are all you want but I would add I don’t give a fuck, it’s good and I like it, what other justification is needed.

So everyone get yourself down to 175 Stafford Street for a special, I’m on my way there now, maybe I’ll just see you there.

No comments: