Wednesday 21 May 2008

I think it needs more sugar, yeah?

Oh mercy, mercy, mercy me,
Another day of cooking for us, deciding to be a little brave we went for something we've both never tried before, we deiced on risotto. Now not only have i never attempted to cook this before i have never even tried it in my life, but having seen it done on the f word last night i thought, it can't be that though can it?

The recipe we used was rather easy and just involved lightly frying onion and garlic in a pan before adding the rice and white wine. After the we had been absorbed we added fish stock ladle by ladle until after about 15 minutes it was ready.
I rubbed two fillets of Haddock with salt, pepper and a little of the wine before grilling them lightly, they were then flaked into the risotto.
It really did taste fantastic and i was heartily impressed with my first taste of risotto, possible more so by the fact that it was cooked by my and my girlfriends fair hands (much fairer in her case).

Later on we ventured out for muffins, as you know one does, i thought we have them plan when we could have them with yellow gold! so the idea was born for an evening repast of muffins and custard. I was handed a can and upon opening it i found it was rice pudding instead! OH no alas i hear you cry, but not too fear dear reader we created our own custard being the daring individuals we are. It was really rather simple just two egg yolks whisked with milk, sugar and vanilla before being brought to the boil on the hob, a little runny but rather good.

xx

No comments: