Sunday 18 May 2008

Gas Mark Four

As i student i felt it was my responsibility to exist on smartprice and junk food but after a year and a half i have tired of this plain and miserable fair, it was the endless 8p noodles that made me cry out in anguish and swear to whatever Deity that was closest that i would take more care and pride in the kitchen and actually start to cook.
I can now proudly say that i haven't been near to a microwave since before Christmas, accept to stare venomously at the foul beast squatting in the corner sending out its oppressive vibes, i have i must admit with shame that i have fallen prey many a time to junk food, but you know i'm only human.
And so begins my food revolution, I've always wanted to be a chef since sod knows when but it got thrown to the side somewhere along the way. Now with my goal in life being to become a writer and my interest in cooking rekindled i think now be the time to talk about my adventures in the scary world of the kitchen.

One think i really can't wait to get hold of is a tagine, after being with family recently in Tarifa (southern coast of Spain) and sampling a gorgeous concoction of chicken, potato, cream and blue cheese cooked in a tagine, i have really quite badly wanted one. An extremely this is a good site i found for tagine's.


Any way onto the first cooked item of this ramble, Pork loin with bay leaves
Not really sure of what to do i rubbed the loin with pepper (i lacked salt, all my stuff is at my girlfriends and at the minute i'm confined to my prison cell {the halls of residence at Wolverhampton University}) and oil before adorning with a bay leaf and frying in a hot pan, it tasted good but a bit dry and bland.
Tonight i have decided i will try the pork again with a curry crust, if i'm not dead i shall report back soon.

xx

1 comment:

Heid said...

Oh the mirth. The mirth of it all. Good show old bean.

Meg also says are you dead?