Wednesday 29 July 2009

A old interview

Kenn Rushworth

What did you think of last night?
Last night, venue wasn’t bad. The sound levels kept slipping round and it was really disorganized.

What do you think of the local music scene?
There’s actually a lot more bands than people know off, so many of them are just music by numbers. Just people trying to look cool and get laid, there’s no actually passion for the music.

Where you surprised that your first gig was at the cavern club?
I was, yeah it was weird. I was terrified.

How would you describe your music?
Our music ermm, at first we wrote songs we can’t find words for. Stuff you can’t find words for.

When you play you give the impression that you improvise

Only in one song (The Plough), we used to mess about and go all over the place, but now were more concise. We didn’t start out to be different, we just happen to be different. We tried to be unique, I mean we are influenced you can see that in the way we leave notes hanging.

What is your music trying to achieve?
We just enjoy playing. We make a record so people feel good and relaxed.
Are you trying to put a message across?
When we first started writing a lot of mates where having a hard time, so we try to make music to cheer people up and give hope.


What happened to the old Team Photo, is that dead now?
Yeah pretty much, originally it was just me. We got a few bands from around the country and put on shows for them. One band (One Toy Soldier) got signed after one gig. But yeah the whole promotion element is gone.

How long have you been playing?
Erm started in year nine on and off, so I have played for six or seven years. I am self taught.

You’re good
Haha, I practiced a lot.

What’s next for (team) Photo?
Were recording an EP in December, one week before Christmas. It will be released early next year, then were going to do a bit of a tour.
What’s the deal with the EP?
Were going to give it out for free, the idea is that we are going to do loads of fancy artwork and then just hand out loads at gigs, we want to make something special.


What’s it called?
Well we have a name, but I think at the minute Kez (the guitarist) wants to keep it under wraps. Threnody For Spring will be on it.

Yeah I love that song
It’s a dark green. When I play a song I associate whatever I hear with colours. That’s how most of our stuff came about.

No comments: